Enhance the quality of life in City Heights by working with our community to create and sustain quality affordable housing & livable neighborhoods & foster economic self-sufficiency.
We envision a community where:
- Quality of life standards are recognized and public private investment continues to increase to achieve higher quality of life for everyone in City Heights.
- Residents choose to improve their education and their personal economics and are afforded the opportunity to share in the wealth that is created from a revitalized, redeveloped community.
- Residents recognize the opportunity to prepare for, obtain and retain a job, a better job or a career, which allows community members to remain and personally invest in City Heights.
- Neighborhoods are properly served with accessible, basic public facilities including schools, health services and neighborhood-serving businesses.
- People respect each other regardless of their country of origin, language or economic station.
We are committed to:
- Honoring the diversity of City Heights to respect its changing needs and to respond in accordance with our mission.
- Engaging diverse constituents who are representative of community stakeholders (cultures, seniors, faith based, youth).
- Creating effective collaborations that serve the needs of the community.
- Accountability and measured progress in our programs and projects.
- Being honest with staff, volunteers, and residents.
- Developing team building skills, knowledge, and passion to achieve goals.
- Steady focus on outcomes and acceptance of shortfalls and change.